Monday, January 21, 2013

Creative Practice Blog 2

Engaging the Arts to Address Patient Safety

I really enjoyed the creative release in the discussion and responses this week on engaging the arts to address patient safety.  Reading some of the ideas sparked other ideas and others reading my ideas sparked more and more ideas.  For myself contemplated the idea of performing a skit in the entrance area, with a visitor who was coming down with the flu coming to visit a patient at the hospital. The skit could go on to teach about how different people pick up the germs etc. The skit could be utilized to educate on how to prevent getting the flu; vaccination, hand santizing etc.   I starting getting ideas about a music song jingle that would be sung during the skit, something catchy so it would stick with the people when they left.  So I told my husband about the idea and the two of us wrote a quick jingle, here are the words.


To help fight infection
And even stop the flu
There’s a simple answer
Here’s what you do……..

Wash your hands, wash your hands
It’s so easy to understand
Then, don’t touch your face
And, don’t rub your eyes

Be wise…..
And sanitize!

No comments:

Post a Comment