Monday, March 18, 2013

Foundations of Arts and Medicine Class ~ Week 1 The Healing Environment continued...

This week I started the second class, Foundations of Arts in Medicine, toward my graduate certificate in college.  I plan to continue my creative practice blogs on creating a healing environment at our center in southwest Florida.   Most of the plans are in place for the different aspects of the healing environment, so these next weeks I will be putting it all together.  I plan to take photos and short videos of the progress to post in future weekly creative blogs
Healing Garden
The healing garden, on the balcony is come along; I have purchased planters and outdoor sitting.  I have decided to touch up the walls with paint and repaint a pattern into the concrete floor. I plan to collect the plants and start planting this week. A friend who does landscaping is helping me choose the plants and is bringing some Aloe for the garden tomorrow.  She informed me one of the things she likes about aloe is that it is called "savila" in Spanish which has the word "salve" and "save" in it. I also found some succulent plants that were beautiful blue, purple and burgundy colors.  I still need to get some lighting, art for the walls and a fountain.  I will post pictures next week of the healing garden balcony progress. 

Large - Tree of Life
The vision for the Tree of Life has progressed and is now part of The Healing Wall.  The original idea is still the same but it will be flat on one side and attached to the center of the wall. Its branches will sprawl out across the width of the healing wall at the top with the leaves hanging over the healing tiles.  The trunk of the tree will look like a banyan tree.   See pictures below.   We still plan to create the tree using PVC pipes and bondo car filler.  We plan to have lighting in the tree branches to light up the tree, and healing tile wall.

The Healing Wall
The Healing Wall is going well.  We have invited over 7000 people to participate worldwide. Because this is a new creative form of receiving prayer for healing, I have had to explain the vision in different ways to help people grasp the concept and understand how to submit their idea for their clay tile. The request started slow but is starting to pick up.  We have received requests and drawings from Holland, Sweden, Japan and the US.  I am starting to block out time each day to create the tiles and have help from others in the community who come for classes. I love making the tiles, creating from someone else’s reflection of themselves or child etc I find is releasing new levels of creative expression for their healing and in me. I have included below pictures of a couple more tiles and plan to have more pictures next week. I am also going to be posting the progress of the tiles and healing wall on facebook this week to begin discussions and build community with those involved in the process.





 Ocean - Backdrop (curtains)
I purchased the backdrop curtains that will go across the back wall and glass doors. It is scheduled to arrive on Thursday.  I have to work on the curtain rods and the soffit that will hide the rods and led lights to create the blue colors.  I hope to have some pictures next week.


HEALTH ISSUES BLOG - WEEK 1


No comments:

Post a Comment