Monday, November 10, 2014

Creative Practice Blog - Art and Human Development - Week 3

From the childhood stage of development, my earliest and most significant childhood memory was at the age of 4-5 years.  I remember lying in bed at night and being fascinated with my hands.  I would stare for hours at my hands, making gestures.  But what I remember the most is how I would think about how the art I loved to make came out from my hands.  I can remember contemplating the thought that all I had to do was think (meditate) about the art idea I wanted to make, the idea would go through my body and come out through my hands and I would make it.  I would lie in bed thinking about this, think of art ideas and could feel the creativity go through my body and to my hands waiting to be released into a creation.  To this day when I receive a creative idea, I can feel it go through me and out my hands when I am creating art.  At that young age I did not know that I was going to be a potter/sculptor that requires a sensitive touch and I would work with clay on a potter’s wheel and make sculptures. 


Here is a drawing of a brain and my hands connected by creative idea brain waves.  We have been studying about creativity, childhood and the brain this week. The drawing was created with black scratch art paper and a wooden stick.  I love working with this paper, it is fun to draw with and reveal the rainbow of colors. I use this paper in my tool kit for patient bedside art, it appeals to all ages and it is a favorite with the male patients.


No comments:

Post a Comment