Monday, April 20, 2015

Arts in Medicine Advanced Professional Seminar Week 7 Creative Practice

          Reflecting on the course theme’s: Program Implementation: Boots on the Ground & the Bird’s Eye View: Advocacy and Visibility, I was inspired by the reading and template from the  Kellogg Foundation resource, Strategic Communication. Working through the template stirred creative ideas about project visibility, logos and slogans for my upcoming ArtMobile capstone project and week 7 creative practice.  
         
         I found creating a logo for the ArtMobile program, challenging at first until I started researching how to design a logo, and looked at pictures of famous logos like McDonalds, Shell and Mobile gasoline, Nike etc. I noticed that the most effective, memorable and visible logos were simple bold designs. So I began designing a logo for the ArtMobile program that would describe the specific aspects of the program in a simple design. Researching other logos with “wheels” was inspiring; I was drawn to the “Meals on Wheels” logo. An addition of an arts in health slogan I felt was necessary to express the program’s mission, and increase the visibility of the logo. Here is the logo I designed this week for the program and my creative practice.


The logo will be placed on the sides of the ArtMobile van.  I used a graphics program to copy a drawing and photos of a couple designs for the Ford Connect van I am considering for the ArtMobile program and added the logo to see how it might look/fit.



Researching, processing and creating the logo for the ArtMobile program was an enjoyable self-care creative experience. I am excited to design business cards, brochures, postcards and more with the logo to increase the program’s visibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment