Monday, February 11, 2013

Creating a Healing Environment 2


All of my creative thoughts have been on creating a healing environment at The 4th Door Worship Arts Healing Center.  My main focus right now is on:
Ø  A  wall of curtains that will function as curtains for the two sliders on the back wall and as a backdrop designed to look and feel like the ocean.  I want to try to create similar healing qualities that one feels when they meditate on the ocean.
o   The fabric will go across the whole back wall from the ceiling to the floor
o   The blue colors of the sheer fabric will be layered creating the color indigo like the deep blue ocean.  I want to try and find fabric that when it moves it will change in areas to white like the breaking of the ways.  I also will look for fabric that has gold glitter on it like the sunlight reflecting on the water.
o   At the top there will be a wood soffit that will hide the curtain rod and also have lighting to light up the fabric ocean wall at night.  I also want to mount small fans like you get for your car, behind the curtains.  This will cause the curtains to move like the ocean.
I have decided to buy fabric or curtain panels instead of painting the fabric myself.  I know that there are fabrics that when they moves change color.  I plan to search out the fabric this week at fabric stores and also look at ready made curtains.  I have been searching online for ideas and found a backdrop but it is not really what I am wanting.  See picture below.
Ø  Designing and building a Tree of Life.  Last week, while in Mexico, I saw a wrought iron tree with metal leaves and red glass hearts hanging from it, in a store (see pictures). I started getting some ideas of having a metal frame for the tree trunk and using fabric to define the trunk.  I still think I want to incorporate silk branches and leaves for actual branches of the tree.  I found a picture of a tree of life with wrought iron and metal, that kind of looks like fabric on the trunk  (See picture). I do not like the form of the tree but it does give an idea of what I want to create. I plan to make some sketches and continue to search for how I want to structure the tree this week.
Ø  Wellness garden out on the enclosed balcony.  I have started to research out small gardens online and what plants will grow in Florida with minimal care.  I want to research out Japanese Gardens, they are designed with  peace and harmony in mind.
So these are the 3 areas I am concentrating on.  I plan to have my ideas sketched out this week for the wall of curtains, and hopefully the fabric to begin creating it.  I also plan on researching out ideas for the balcony wellness garden.  I will share more on my specific ideas later for the garden and hope to make a drawing of it on sketch paper soon.   I am so excited to start creating the healing environment.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment