Monday, February 4, 2013

Creative Practice Blog 4 ~ Time For Myself

I have decided to focus my blog this week on self care, since I am in the perfect environment this week to take some needed time for myself.  I am on a ministry conference cruise with my family.
My self- care, while on the ship has been:
-          Meditative time out on our balcony.
o   Reading my bible, journaling and spending time with God
§  This has been strengthening me spiritually.
§  I have been studying in my bible about water (ocean, waterfalls, rivers), the tree of life and healing and art in the bible.
·         When David played his harp for Saul and the troubled spirits departed from Saul.
o   Contemplated if the basis for a harpist to play in patient’s hospital rooms came from David playing over Saul? Will be researching this out.
o   watching and contemplating the mysteries of the ocean and the sunsets.
§  I absolutely love being on the ocean!

-          Movement
o    Interpretive Dance - each day while my husband Steve plays music for the ministry conference.
§  The conference is being held in one of the lounges on the ship so there is a lot of floor space all around the outer edges of the room to dance freely.
·         To be able to dance like this each day has been a release of expression and creativity for me.  It is strengthening me physically and emotionally.
o   I find as I begin to move, my thoughts are on movement and healing. I am searching for new understanding.
o   Walking the track each day
§  This has been great exercise and has helped to clear my mind.
·         I cannot help but notice the unique difference in each person, no two are alike.
o   Each person has their own gait, way of walking.
o   I am contemplating different aspects of movement and healing.
I am thankful for being on the ocean on the Liberty of the Seas Ship this week taking some time for myself.  It is refreshing and I realize how important taking time for self-care is in the arts and medicine field.
                                                                                                                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment