Monday, January 27, 2014

Professional Seminar - Creative Practice - 2

This week I was so excited and thankful to have found 2 blocks from the home we are renting in Florida, Kricket’s Old Village Pottery Open Studio! I have been concentrating on my self-care and to find an open pottery studio that I can walk to each day and sit down at the pottery wheel to throw and sculpt my angels is just what I have needed. (see photo) So I joined the pottery studio this past week and began to create my “Angel of Serenity”. I decided since I now have access to a pottery wheel to first create the angel in 3-dimension instead of on a tile as originally planned. I still plan to make the angel on a healing tile by creating it in 3-dimension and cutting the angel in half for the tile, however for right now I am really enjoying working in 3-dimension again. During my practicum, making healing tiles I had been only working in 2-dimension. So first I worked out the construction of the angel in a drawing and realized I would need to divide up my lump of clay into 3 sections (see photo). I have place placed photos in the order the creation of the angel took place. The angel is just in its beginning stages because when throwing the forms and then sculpting, the form has to firm up some before I can begin to really sculpt the wings and parts so it won’t collapse. I will continue to post photos as I continue to sculpt the angel.













No comments:

Post a Comment